Busy mornings made easy. This paleo and Whole30 mason jar sweet potato ground turkey scramble is the perfect grab-and-go breakfast you can make beforehand and reheat in a flash. Packed with protein and complex carbs, this mason jar breakfast will keep you fueled all morning long.
Sooooo breakfast is my favorite meal the day, but my least favorite time of day. Let me explain…
5:45 am should be meant for sleeping, not for jumping out of bed like a cheetah straight from REM sleep.
6:30am should be meant for casually sipping coffee and frying a few eggs with the smell of bacon seducing your senses, not scrambling to get a healthy breakfast in front of hangry little people.
7am should be meant for catching up on the news or causally scrolling through Instagram, not for cleaning up accidents or blowouts.
I love being a mom. I LOVE IT. But I don’t love mom mornings. There, I said it. Mornings in my house are always a little chaotic, and when you aren’t a morning person and have boat-load of responsibilities before the sun is even up, it’s hard.
One kid wakes up WAY too early, demanding breakfast and Paw Patrol and slippers because his feet are cold and help at the potty. All while you’re trying to keep him quiet so he doesn’t wake up the other one. Then almost always tripping over a few trains scattered on the floor and frantically try to figure out breakfast before the baby is up and needs a diaper change and food for himself too.
It’s divine intervention if you have time to make a pot of coffee, and you’re grateful if you get that first sip in before 8am.
Ok, not that I’ve got that off my chest, let’s just say these mason jar sweet potato ground turkey scramble breakfasts are giving me LIFE.
These paleo, Whole30, portable breakfasts are totally my gig lately. Why? Ok they taste amazing with the layers of mashed sweet potatoes, ground turkey and sautéed leeks, mushrooms, and more sweet potatoes to top. But what I love the most is that I can make these on the weekend, then store in the refrigerator so I simply pop one in my microwave for a minute during the busy work-week mornings, and eat all that goodness straight from the jar. They’re perfect to bring to work or eat as you’re balancing a baby on your hip, while letting the dog out, and changing the channel from Nickelodeon to Disney…
A few steps go in to making these mason jar beauties, but the end result is well worth the effort. When you’re feeling bored with your breakfast routine, or in dire need of something quick and easy, these mason jar sweet potato ground turkey scramble breakfasts will save your booty and fuel you all morning.
Need other easy, grab-and-eat breakfast ideas? Try these allergy friendly blueberry chia vanilla breakfast cookies, these Accept Women Big Shoulder Hem Solid Off Dress Waist Mini Chic Black Coolred 7SqA5xndS, paleo pizza egg cups, and of course this post for 5 portable paleo breakfast ideas.Print
Mason Jar Sweet Potato Ground Turkey Scramble
A paleo, Whole30 portable breakfast – Mason Jar Sweet Potato Ground Turkey Scramble is packed with protein, and is a perfect make ahead option for busy mornings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 7 large eggs
- Summer 50s Blue Dress 60s Women's BFY Polka Hepburn Dot Sleeveless Audrey Vintage Belt mushrooms – roughly 28 mushroom slices
- *optional: green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the ground turkey into a medium skillet and add the leeks, then cook over medium-high heat until the meat is browned and leeks are soft and transparent. Drain any excess grease
- Add the cardamom, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well, turn off the heat, and set aside
- Summer Dot Vintage Polka Belt Dress BFY 60s Sleeveless Blue Women's Audrey Hepburn 50s Roast the sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes OR use a knife to spear small slits in the sweet potatoes and microwave for 7-8 minutes, until softened
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven or microwave and slice open. Let cool slightly
- Crack the eggs in a medium bowl and whisk until the yolks and whites are well combined
- Grab 7 half pint sized (8oz) mason jars then begin to layer the components. First add a large spoonful of sweet potato to the bottom, flattening the mash out so it’s spread evenly. Next, add 3 heaping spoonfuls of the ground turkey, packing slightly
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out 1/4 cup of the eggs and pour into the mason jars, then top with 4 sliced mushrooms, covering the egg completely
- Add another spoonful of mashed sweet potatoes to top and flatten slightly
- Place the mason jars into the oven (putting them on a sturdy baking sheet will help to avoid any spills) and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the egg is fully cooked
- Let cool, screw the tops on the mason jars, and store in the refrigerator if desired. When ready to eat, move the lid and microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed throughout